"John W. Luther" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:41:44 -0500
At 03:49 PM 9/17/01 -0600, Ben Parker wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:21:10 -0500, "John W. Luther" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>I either did not download the correct build or Listserv 1.8d 2000b seems to not be working as advertised.
>
>What is the output of SHOW LICENSE?

License type:    Permanent
Expiration date: None - perpetual license
Capacity:        Unlimited
Version:         1.8d
Serial number:   UMR-4
Build date:      16 Jul 2000

I guess I was wrong about when I downloaded it.

> If the Build Date is 16 Jul 2000 or later then you have 2000b.  If earlier,
> then you don't.
>
>What OS are you working under?  (certain unix installs/updates did not correctly
>update the KEYWORDS.FILE if the original file date/time were modifed).

It us running under RedHat Linux v7.1 with kernel 2.4.7.ac3.  Our duties are divided here.  I manage Listserv, but another fellow  is responsible for the actual OS level operations.

Is that the actual name of the file (KEYWORDS.FILE)?  He says he finds no evidence of a file by that name.

Thanks for your help.  By all means point me at documentation if the answer resides there.  That I've not seen it yet does not mean it is not there.  I often don't see that which is right before my face.

John