Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:44:43 -0600
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:09:52 -0400, "Emily L. Peckman"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We are considering upgrading but are a little hesitant with installing a
>beta version in a production environment.

At L-Soft we have been runnnning 1.8d for over 1 year now in a very high
volume production environment, but not unix however.

>Which leads to my next question: I'm also wondering if it would be
>possible to get 1.8d and run it on a separate machine for a while for
>testing.  In other words, do we have to install it on top of 1.8c?

You can install it on a test machine if you prefer.  You can use the standard
(limited) evaluation LAK or you can request a full 1.8d LAK to replace your
existing LAK from your L-Soft Sales Representative.  You can even run both
machines on the same (1.8d) LAK  for limited testing and/or transfer purposes
(if you were moving hosts for example).  What you may not do is run 2
production machines from one LAK as that is a violation of the license.