June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Thu, 26 Jan 89 14:04:36 PST
REPLY TO 01/26/89 12:25 FROM [log in to unmask] "Revised LISTSERV forum":

Eric,

The net effect of the switch to DIST2 as the default seems to be
that we are now receiving more copies of things than we used to.
This hardly seems like a desirable effect.  Why can't the end link
on the LISTSERV backbone just hand off the full list at each node
(or better yet domain) to the local mailer and let it send one copy
rather than sending out multiple copies from that point?

/June

To:  [log in to unmask]