Raymond Ayers <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 12:05:27 EDT
On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:46:28 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>How much money is this going to save  you? :-) I mean, a site with really

In some cases, the mmoney/space is not the object. We have a large number
of lists for sections of courses at the University. Since there are
a wide range of schedules, and many of the lists are retained, but
the owners want the archives removed automagically periodically, this
could ease the deeltion process a bit. But it is not a high priority
item.

>big/old  archives and  lots of  lists typically  has 2-3G  used for  this
>purpose.  Our smallest  ListPlex  server currently  has  10G of  sellable
>capacity, of which we have only managed to sell 3G so far, but it made no
>business sense to buy smaller drives. I  would just buy an extra 4G drive
Note that when you can not charge the bozos for use and space, they use
both the facility and space far faster, something about academics
abhoring a vacuum unless it is in their head.