Lee Irwin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:17:57 -0400
I have received the message below from the listowner of a particular list.
The problem outlined seems very unlikely to me, and I have not
experienced it as a member of that list.
        Can anyone shed light on why that list has a problem with other
addresses in the To:, CC:, and bcc: fields?

        Lee Irwin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:06:10 -0700
From: Joseph J. Plaud <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: When posting to Behav-An via Email, Please Read

As probably many of you know, when you post to Behav-An via email, it is
imperative that the To: line in your posting be addressed to Behav-An
([log in to unmask]).  If you CROSS-POST (i.e., send a
message to some other list or some other person and include Behav-An in the
cc: or bcc: fields, or in the to: field after some other email address),
your message will be bounced back as undeliverable.  As I am still
receiving these error messages, and it takes time and effort to figure out
why the message was bounced, I am hoping that this little tutorial will
solve this problem.  Thanks.

Joe Plaud

Addendum: example of the header of a bounced message recently submitted by
past president of the United States Rutherford B. Hayes (not to be confused
with Steve Hayes):