Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:59:08 EDT
>What I am wondering about is if I make an entry in the aliases.names file
>on Listserv such as:
>
>:nick.Y :alias.X
>
>will it enable system "x" users to access Listserv via the Web GUI without
>them having to change their Listserv password, alter the subscriptions,
>and/or any list's "Owner" keyword? The idea is to try to make this
>migration as seemless as possible for the users of system "x". I am pretty
>sure this would work, but I want to confirm first.

It should work, but I think you ought to register it globally simply
because if we send out an update, it will get overwritten.  Also if you
don't register it globally it won't help your users deal with subscriptions
on non-Temple LISTSERV servers.

FYI there is an input utility for ALIASES NAMES entries at

 http://www.lsoft.com/regaliases.html

now.  It's not automatic but it's more efficient for us because it sends
us the requests in a standardised format.  You can request additions,
modifications, and removals from this page.

Nathan