"Eckstine, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:42:08 -0700
The Lsoft software works better then anything else I have used. I'm not an email expert but throughput of mail generally depending on how powerful the server hardware is. The Lsoft software itself is fast and efficient.

I would assume something like that the email then has no attachments in it. Just links to files. And it's now usually an HTML email that is sent and received instead of text. So multi-part email occurs.

In the logs there should be a start and end time for emails sent to a list.

If I am reading my logs correctly lsoft posted 311 emails from one of my lists in .625 seconds.  My servers aren't especially fast.

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stefano Sordini

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 11:51 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Problem with L-Soft Maestro and Exim mailserver ?

Hello,

this is my first post to the list; greetings to everyone.

I am planning to purchase L-Soft for my company's needs and I need to

sort out whether has anyone problems with Exim-4.71 MTA mailserver

software. We will be sending approximately 4-5 e-mails per day (5

days/week) to no-less than 5.000 recipients. My manager informed me that

we have to keep an upper limit of 30 seconds; i.e. all e-mails should

have been sent successfully within 30 seconds.

An L-Soft staff told me that few clients were facing issues, for no

certain reason, with Exim-4.71 mailserver. Has anyone been facing

problems with Exim ? Have you solved it or you had to change software? I

know it is just a matter of decision to change the mail software, but is

better to prevent the problem than waiting for it to rise.

Your replies will be precious to me guys!

Regards

---

Stefano Sordini

BSc Comp. Science, MSc MIS, CCS