Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:05:39 -0500
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:03:17 EST, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> We are getting close to 4G of archives and I'm curious if I can
> spread them across several directories.  I would leave all the
> indices in one place but use several directories for the notebooks.

We've got close to 20G of archives now, and we just set up a filesystem mounted
at /home/listserv/notebooks, made a separate directory /home/listserv/notebooks/
whatever-list-name-l for each archived list, and pointed the Notebook= at the
lists's subdirectory. We're up to 3,986 different subdirectories under
notebooks/, but it works like a charm. ;)