John Cady <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 22:53:35 -0400
I wrote a few weeks back, but haven't found any takers yet. So Please!!!

The list we'll be starting is for adjunct (part-time) faculty, and it
will be sponsored by the National Adjunct Faculty Guild, a nonprofit
based here in Ann Arbor, MI. Adjuncts are on the rise in the U.S., as
schools try to save benefits money by moving more to part-timers. The
healthcare and other needs of these part-time profs, though, are not
covered by anyone. The list will supplement the Guild's work by providing
adjuncts with a forum and a gathering spot. If you like teachers and/or have
host space you'd be willing to let us use (we can negotiate payment),
please e-mail me. We'll bring you a bright shiny apple!

John Cady                                   A coconut can't really be called
Circulation Supervisor                      a nut because it's hairy. Hairy
U of Michigan Art & Arch Library            things are called mammals.