Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:19:03 -0500
On 8/23/2005 7:43 AM, A. Harry Williams wrote:

> Don't know if this will work, but I believe (ie I haven't checked the
> doc nor tested it) that Listserv will supply a Date: header if none
> exists.  If it does, I don't know which date it will supply, the
> one when it is received or when it is sent, but it is probably worth
> a test.  I know, not real helpful am I?

I do not know whether LISTSERV will insert a date header, if none exists, but
the vast majority of Internet email users are using email clients or webmail
services which automatically insert the date header and do not provide the
user with the means to remove the date header before the message is sent.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator