John Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Nov 1993 14:11:11 CST
Several people have suggested using VALIDATE ALL to prevent people from
removing themselves from a list, but unless I am doing something quite
wrongly, that does not work. I created a local list and the people on the
list are at the local (same host as LISTSERV) node. Nothing I do seems
to prevent a local user from removing himself from the list. VALIDATE ALL,
as I read it, applies to remote nodes not the one on which the list resides.
Could someone try this and see if you get the same result as I. Below is a
sample of the list header as I defined it.

John Andrews

PUT SAMPLE LIST PW=XXXXXXXX
* Test List for Local Remove
* SEND= Editor