"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:11:45 -0000

Well, I would write a Perl script to first of all retrieve all the messages
in the group. The URLs for a message seem pretty straight forward, eg:

So if you find out the beginning and end numbers, say 1 to 500, then run a
loop through those.

You would need to then parse each page to extract the message (the ?source=1
uses the source version which may be easier to parse and has other header
lines in too). This shouldn't be too difficult, as I don't think (correct me
if I'm wrong) you have to worry about attachments and different types of
MIME etc.

Listserv's log format is very simple - each post is preceeded by a line of
73 "=" and you only need minimal headers.

Regards
Spencer