Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Fri, 8 Jan 88 11:29:49 CST
> Because LISTSERV as  a mail processing agent has no  business mucking with the
> text of ANY message not directly addressed to it. Eric got roundly flamed (and
> justifiably, I  think) for scanning the  text of mail for  multiple To: lines;

Keep in mind, that so many mail agents out there send back the rejection mail
to the LIST itself, and put NOTHING in the HEADER about the fact that it is a
rejection.  As long as rejections are identified in the TEXT, then there is no
way to avoid scanning the TEXT in order to avoid junk mail and LOOPS.

There needs to be a standard........