"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Fri, 19 May 89 10:16:18 EDT
In dealing with  LISTSERV as of late and  all the other fun stuff  going on in
the  network I  have seen  quite  a few  poorly constructed  addresses on  the
network. These are addresses  of the form [log in to unmask] It
would  be quite  nice if  everyone could  take a  couple of  minutes and  plow
through all the lists on your respective listservs (I would log on to do this)
and look for these addresses and correct them to be just [log in to unmask] This makes
up  a reasonable  amount of  unnecessary  traffic going  through the  INTERBIT
gateways, and,  at this time,  Princeton/PSU/YALE/CUNY. Thanks in  advance for
your help in tidying up this situation.

I suspect that this  is NOT a LISTSERV problem. Just the  user sending mail in
such a  way that it  goes through the  gateway (or bounces  off of it)  to get
where it is going because the mail user does not know what they are doing.

/mrg