"F. Scott Ophof" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Jul 1993 03:12:43 -0400
On Thu, 15 Jul 1993 17:33:56 -0400 Bob Parks said:
>5.  Again, where in all this is consideration for the users - the users
>don't care whether they are using a MVS LISTSERV or a Unix Listserv - they
>just care about being on the lists - and that listserv provides list
>service.

Somebody already mentioned the need for a common subset of commands,
consistent for all MLMs.  I second that suggestion.  And I don't
think (at least sincerely hope) that anybody will stake any claim to
what can be considered a common command subset.

>7.  Too bad that Eric and Tasos can not get together, do peers and distribute
>between the platforms *right* etc.

I'm hoping that Christophe, Brent, Eric, Tasos, and some others will
wish to get together.  Peers, distribute, common command subset, and
last but not least "TELL LISTSERV ..."  (or "talk admin-addr ..." to
use the Unix equiv.)...

>Any one can feel free to send this onto Eric - My compliments and kudos to
>him (the digest ability, originating I think in 5.5 Unix Listserv and then
>`copied' into 1.7f LISTSERV, aside) and my compliments and kudos to Tasos -

I'd like to know more about this, please?

Regards.
$$\