Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Aug 1991 18:15:32 +0200
On Wed, 31 Jul 1991 22:03:55 EST Stan Horwitz <OASIS@TEMPLEVM> said:

>Can someone please explain the following  error? I believe it caused the
>listserv here  to shut  down. How  can this  be prevented  for happening
>again.
>A  REXX  error  occured  while processing  the  following  command  from
>X075RT@TAMVM1: "DATABASE SEARCH DD=RULES CPULIM=99:00 OUTLIM=20000". See
>console log for more details.

Sigh. The  message means that a  REXX error occured while  processing the
command listed above. Since there is no way to ask REXX for a copy of the
traceback, you  are told  to look  at the console  log for  more details,
which I  assume you haven't  done. It is  impossible to say  more without
having seen the console log, however  I would guess the error is "Machine
storage exhausted",  meaning your server  doesn't have enough  storage to
handle the request in question. Asking  for 20,000 lines of output is not
a reasonable database  request, given the network we have  today, so it's
up to you to decide whether this is something you want to fix or not.

  Eric