Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:31:30 -0600
On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:56:12 -0500, "Burgess, Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The archive files could not be accessed, probably because they are being
>updated. Please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the problem if it
>persists for more than a few minutes. The file that could not be opened is
>'/home/listserv/home/acol-devel.log0005' and the error code was 2.

There are 2 relevant FAQs:

 http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#1.7
 http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#5.11

I think it is actually a variation of the second.  If you moved message archives
the listname.INDyymm files have the OLD path compliled into them to save lookup
time.  This is why you shoul dnever move the *.IND* files but always let
LISTSERV rebuild them correctly for the new location.

Delete the *.INDyymm files and GET/PUT the List Header (make sure the Notebook=
path statement in the list header is also correct for the new location!)