Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Mar 1994 09:56:53 CST
   Eric has mentioned that there is a bug in LISTSERV which affects users
whose node has been changed by LISTSERV in response to a ":newnode." tag.
Basically, it appears that all the flag and date fields are shifted according
to the difference in lengths of new and old nodes.

   As pointed out by one of our subscribers, this can change things like
topics, distribution options, Repro option, etc.

   I haven't found a good way to fix this other than looking at the list
and checking for a shifted date field or something.  But I wanted to warn
you that this may explain strange events like missing mail or dropped
repro options...

       Marty

On Fri, 04 Mar 94 08:01:10 EST Kathleen said:
>I just received your Adminsitrative Test message, which reminded me that
>I have not recieved anything else from this list for a couple of months.
>
>Prior to Dec. 31, 1993, I had a BITNET address, [log in to unmask]
>As of Jan. 1, 1993, it was changed to an internet address, [log in to unmask]
>.edu

   Thank you for the note.  It was VERY enlightening...  There is a problem
with your subscription and I've tried to fix it up so things will work
again.  It just happened that the shifting of your entries when your node
was changed made it look like you were subscribed to the topics of ADMIN and
OTHER.  So when I sent the note with an ADMIN topic you got it.

   I've tried to fix up your subscription (back to all topics).  Thanks
again for the reply.

       Marty