Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:41:42 -0400
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 08/23/2005 10:58:39 PM:

> I haven't studied the mail protocols enough to be considered even
> passing familiar, but I think the problem lies in the process where
> the Date field gets created.
>
> When Tim sends a message from his blackberry, the date field will look
> similar to this:
> Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:27:55 +0000 GMT
>
> However, it's not all blackberries ... we have a number of blackberry
> users at my work, and a Blackberry Enterprise server (I think that's
> the correct term).
>
> When my buddy sends a message from his blackberry, the Date field ends
> up like this:
> Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:27:55 -0400
>
> When he sent a message to from a blackberry to a listserv list, the
> Date field did not get mangled.

A colleague set up a BES server for a Lotus Domino site and I checked with
him.  The BES software sits on top of the Domino server and it is actually
Domino that formats and sends the message.  BES on Exchange probably works
in a similar manner.

Tim:  Does your user go through a BES server, or are they just using the
Blackberry mail servers?  I don't have your test message from last month
to double check.