John Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 May 2005 07:05:57 -0400
Hi Eric,

I still get the gbc error.  I'd mentioned the compile date just because it's earlier than the time I reported the problem and earlier than the time I was told the fix was made.

John

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Eric Thomas"<[log in to unmask]>
    Sent: 5/26/05 4:19:24 AM
    To: "[log in to unmask]"<[log in to unmask]>
    Subject: Re: [Fwd: High Risk Vulnerability in L-Soft's LISTSERV Server]
      The fix was written and compiled on May 24, I forgot the exact time but it
    was late in the day, US time. Then there is a whole process to create and
    test installation kits for each and every operating system we support.
    Depending on the person responsible for the kit and how this person works,
    the date of the kit on the FTP server might be the date the kit was created,
    or the date it was copied to the FTP server. Person 1 might upload all kits
    to the FTP server, but outside of the FTP directory tree, and then copy them
    over to the FTP directory when testing is complete. This allows colleagues
    to access the kits ahead of release and help test them. Person 2 on the
    other hand might just upload the kits when they are ready.

    Either way, May 24 or 25 does not matter - it is the same version. When you
    load the DEBUG-SHOW-VERSION URL, you should see a compilation date of May 24
    or May 25.

      Eric

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]