Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 23:06:05 CDT
   We had at least two flurries of bogus (probably forged) subscriptions
to many lists here today.  They arrived here as "X-FOR" jobs from other
LISTSERV servers (as shown below) so I couldn't track the real IP origins.
Both addresses bounced as "User unknown".

   I did a quiet serve off and quiet delete * for these addresses here but
I suspect they may have hit other places too.

Bogus Address                   X-For From       Arrived at NDSUVM1

[log in to unmask]  LISTSERV@MARIST  7/15 04:23 CDT (0923 GMT)
      (hit about 86 lists)

[log in to unmask]              LISTSERV@RPITSVM 7/15 22:06 CDT (0306 GMT 7/16)

Marty Hoag   [log in to unmask]            US Mail: NDSU ITS
ND Higher Education Computer Network                IACC Room 206
Phone: (701)-231-8639  Fax: (701)-231-8541          PO Box 5164
Bitnet: nu021172@NDSUVM1  (note 0=zero)             Fargo, ND  58105