Ronnen Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:33:12 -0500
I am running 1.8d on NT4.  I am running Apache web server on the same box.

wa runs just fine (from all apparent signs) in the cgi-bin directory of
Apache.

Lists whose posts should be archived are not.

When creating a list, and checking that I'd like it web archived (using the
wa administation interface), a sub-directory is automatically created by
LISTSERV in:

\Program Files\Apache\htdocs\Archives

...the sub-directory name corresponds to the list name, as one would
expect.  Also, an index.html file exists in the Archives directory, as one
would expect -- though it does not include a listing of publically
available lists (probably because the archive files do not exist, if the
index is dynamically generated based on the content of the Archives
subdirectories per each list).

I set the notebook location to

\Program Files\Listserv\Archives

ex:

Notebook= Yes,c:\Program Files\Listserv\Archives,Monthly,Public

However, no other files are created when I actually post messages to the
list (no .html files are generated, no notebook archive file, etc.).  No
error messages seem to be generated at any level.  The lists operate fine.

I thought it might be a permissions issue, but after testing the
permissions at super-promiscuous settings, I can't imagine that it is.
LISTSERV should be able to write files to these directories.

Any ideas?  What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks for any and all help,

-ronnen

Ronnen Miller
Manager of Information Technology