Thomas Habernoll <HABERNOL@DB0TUI11>
Wed, 5 Jul 89 18:56:25 +0200
>By the way Thomas, if you have any constructive suggestion about what I should
>do,  please do  suggest.

That's easy. Earn has now *their* copy of Listserv. Fine. If some
sites prefer to run this Earn-supported version of the code and form
their own backbone, that's fine. But I see no reason (at least no
reason I could understand, that is) why other sites shouldn't be
more interested to stay on the worldwide backbone (even if this
software is only maintained by a volunteer :-). There are enough
technical reasons for this.

Eric, I don't know the details of the contract between you and Earn.
Is there anything preventing you from distributing the code to European
sites?

In case the reason for not distributing Listserv to European sites
is you being afraid that you get too much hate mail from Earn or site
politicians while the techies are silent, then I think we can work
something out to get the hate mail ratio fit your needs :-)  We
could even phone your boss if it helps :-)

  Thomas