Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 11:46:32 EDT
On Wed, 15 Sep 1993 11:10:49 EDT Sathaye, Shashi said:
>We are 'the backbone' listserv and we are not 'backdated'. The file came
>from ulkyvm (distribute job) and they are at the same level.
>But both dates (Sept. 13, 1993) are after I sent the query.

Is ulkyvm the *originating* node, or the one that *you* got the file
from?  The list of servers to use is computed when the distribute job
hits the *first* listserv - so if ulkyvm was forwarding you a file from
some 3rd listserv, it would be this 3rd site that would need updating.

(Admittedly, I have to go look at the code and see if in this case ulkyvm
would have stripped out *all* the "problem" servers, or only the recipients
it thought were closest.

/Valdis