Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:42:29 -0500
>Hello,
>
>Austin Community College is moving our email service from a
>traditional SMTP server to Google Apps. All of our email now goes
>through the Google email server before it is delivered to a Google
>email account or to an email account that is still on our old email
>server.
>
>Our listservs are returning errors that seem to be generated by a
>response to our listserv server from Google's email server. The
>listserv error, "Unrecognized command", is one I didn't see on our
>listservs until we began to move accounts to Google.

If you're using LISTSERV for Windows, any errors generated when
LISTSERV delivers mail to its outgoing mail server should be recorded
in the SMTPS# log files in listserv\log\.  (This is a different set
of log files from the SMTP log files, which recording incoming mail
connections and are not related to LISTSERV's outgoing mail.)

In recent versions of LISTSERV for Unix, any errors would be recorded
in the main LISTSERV log file.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

Need training?  Check out our full range of training
services at <http://www.lsoft.com/products/training.asp>