Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jul 1991 01:40:02 +0200
A number  of sites  (mostly HPO5  systems) have  had problems  with bogus
origins on spool file. From time to  time, the NJE origin of a spool file
would erroneously show as  a bogus userid at the local  node; most of the
time,  this  is  'E@nodeid'  or  'RVM:@nodeid',  but  other  userids  are
possible. This can cause a REXX error  in some cases, due to invalid data
in the userid;  in particular, if it  contains a blank, one  of the PARSE
instructions  will  fail  and  incorrect  data will  be  placed  in  some
variables.  Fortunately, only  4  sites  are known  to  suffer from  this
problem.

I have  found a potential  cause for this problem,  but have no  means to
verify  my suspicion.  If you  are  PRESENTLY affected  by this  problem,
please contact me and I will send  you a potential fix. Do NOT contact me
if this never  happened on your server,  I will issue an  official fix as
soon as I am sure it actually solves the problem.

  Eric