Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 May 90 09:32:00 EST
I've noticed a few times while retrieving LOG files of distribution
lists that some LISTSERVs try not to pump more than 256K to any one
user any one day.  That seems reasonable.

I just had a GET of a log file rejected because the single log file
exceeds 256K!  What good is a log file I can't GET?

I realize it's useful for local reading (LINK and read without a GET),
and I realize this logic is a local user exit that any LISTSERV
maintainer can modify to her heart's content.

All I'm asking is, let's check for common sense on these exits, ok?
(The alternative would be automatically starting a second log file
when one is too large, but that depends on a uniform definition of
"too large".)

I'll get off my soapbox now....

Nick