Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Mar 1991 15:56:46 EST
 The "Subject:" line is the Reader's Digest version of the following
 question...  I have a Listserv list which is to function as a Bitnet
 re-distribution of a non-Bitnet mailing list.  The problem is that
 the mailing list that feeds the Listerv list is moderated.  And in
 keeping with that set-up, the Listserv list should only allow the
 moderator to post to the list.  Unfortunately, the mail feed I
 receive, places the moderator's e-mail address in the "Sender:"
 field, not the "From:" field.  Since the "From:" field contains
 any number of different addresses, I cannot simply list them all.
 Is there any way to have Listserv allow postings to a mailing list
 based on the "Sender:" header line?  If not, has anyone dealt with
 (and hopefully solved) a similar problem before?  Any suggestions
 would be welcomed as I have run out of ideas.

 Thanks in advance,
 -jj

 BTW - As a last resort I will tell the people that send me the mail
 feed to try to put the moderator's address in the "From:" field.
 However it's my impression that that suggestion isn't likely to be
 acted upon.  I'm hoping there is something I can do from my end.