Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 15:26:57 EDT
Hello;

Apparantly,  when 2  or  more identical  postings are  sent  to a  particular
listserv list,  the later postings are  rejected. An error is  sent that says
that the posting was already submitted  to the list (or something like that).
I have  a test list  on which  I would like  to deactivate that  feature. The
list keywords  docs don't  explain how  and if this  can be  done. Can  it be
done?  If so, how?

While I am writing,  I have another list (low volume) that  I want to disable
the checking  of mail headers. By  that I mean  that there is often  a reason
for a  mail message to  be sent to  the list as  data within a  larger E-mail
message, but Listserv  complains about finding extra mail header  info in the
message.  Can  this checking  be  turned  off?  This  is for  an  internnally
available list which we  use for computer support. When a  user has a problem
with an E-mail message  being delivered and its forwarded to  the list by one
of our consultants with an explanation and to the client, the client gets the
response, but not the  list because of this checking feature.  If this can be
turned off, please let me know how.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University