lsvadmin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:04:36 +1100
ah... So it was a misunderstanding of the phrase "you shouldnt
bookmark those pages" then. I took it to imply that there must be some
mechanism in place whereby I wouldnt be able to. May I suggest the
inclusion of a warning not to bookmark beyond the login page in the
next issue of documentation.

It is still of great concern here because we can't guarantee that our list
owners have secure PC's and wont bookmark the pages even if told not
to. And it is not an external agent that we are concerned about. It would
have to be someone internally who understood the nature and the value
of the information on some of our lists and who to contact to profit by it.

There is one way I know of in which details such as userid and passwd
in the form of arguements stored in a url which can be bookmarked, can
be avoided, the use of POST instead of GET.

thank you Ben, in spite of the little niggle at the end with use of the
word "ranting" instead of "voicing concerns" or even "talking" you come
across as reasonable and non-derogatory and the information is relevant
and clear.

*please note.. my  little niggle about "ranting" is meant jokingly*

thanks again.

Merry Christmas!