David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Oct 90 16:11:31 CST
On Thu, 11 Oct 90 15:46:00 EDT John F. Chandler said:
>I continue to get a "duplicate mail" rejection every time I send anything
>to VM-UTIL.  I have enclosed the latest example.  It seems pretty clear
>that TREARN is sending a copy back to UBVM.  In scrutinizing the list
>header at TREARN, I noticed that it says "Sender= Editor", but the copy
>below has sender=list.  Is that a significant clue?  Also, TREARN has
>Mail-via= Dist2, while UBVM has Distribute.  Does that ring any bells?
>What's broken?

I've had the same thing happen to me twice.  Also, I started getting
messages from MAILER's all over the place in Europe saying that my
mail had been sent to so-and-so.  Since I haven't touched VM-UTIL's
list headers (at any host) in quite a while, I can only assume that
either the LISTSERV at TREARN is doing some strange things or the
list header has been changed by the postmaster.  Any ideas on what's
going on anybody?  Thanks.

 - David

| Carl David Young                              Bitnet: DYOUNG@TRINITY |
| Production Control & Systems Programming      Phone:  (512) 736-7405 |
| Trinity University Computing Center                                  |
| 715 Stadium Drive                                                    |
| San Antonio, Texas  78212                                            |