Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:48:04 +10
Date:          Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:58:27 -0500
From:          "K.V. Rao" <[log in to unmask]>

I am running 1.8d listserv program on solaris 7 system with the latest
sendmail. Recently, I am observing that the lsv quietly quits sometime
with no indication whatsoever. Since we do not keep log files, I do not
know at what point it is quitting..
Is this happening at other sites? Why does lsv quits? Tx for any tips.
kv rao
------------------------------snip--------------------------------

is there some type of cron or something that is set kill off idle processes?
do you have access to and keep the listserv.log?... if so, check to see what it
is happening when it dies..... see if there is a pattern such as timeouts
talking to SendMail.... always dieing on a particular lists mail..... or trying
to send a message to a particular subscriber....

you really dont have any accounting?..... you should have the minimum unless
you deliberately disabled it all when installing the O/S.... the minimum (I
think) being /var/adm/messages which should show all activity of note.....

also...... turn on your logging..... you cant solve problems unless  you know
what the heck is happening on your system.....

Debra