Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:49:51 +1000
Tara

> On a couple of occasions the message I forwarded to her at her work
> address ended up being sent directly to the listserv when she
> replies back to me. In other words, it seems like the act of
> emailing each other about whether or not to send a message has
> resulted in said message being sent without specific approval.
>
> Any idea why this might be happening?

Can you expose the message headers of an email that successfully made
it's way through LISTSERV?  This will tell you what address it came FROM
and which address it was sent TO.  Also, the LISTSERV log will help shed
more light on what happened.

Is your supervisor's address allowed to send to the list?  Check the
list configuration header to see if she's an authorised poster.  If yes,
you may want to restrict it or force confirmation.

--
  Michael Shannon