Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:56:23 -0800
And, in addition to seeing people migrate from VM LISTSERV to NT/Unix,
and the concerns LISTSERV administrators have about that, I want to
ask, once again, what is the status of LISTSERV's Database/Search
function port to WNT/Unix?

I understood from Eric, recently, that porting of the VM Listserv
functionality (if not exact VM reflection) in the area of FILELISTs,
(and AFD/FUI/Packages --I don't recall ??) is imminent. But,
the Database/Search functionality was anticipated for last Fall.

I notice that L-Soft on their company server is using alternatives
to the Database/Search by employing www-based logging/searching.
We've been doing similar things for some of our lists, whether
LISTSERV or Listproc based.  But, the afd/fui/packages dimension
of VM LISTSERV is missing (still) in our own efforts (as well as
from the L-Soft product).

Is this the future for LISTSERV on WNT/Unix as far as L-Soft is
concerned (i.e., no fui/afd/packages/database/search)? If so, we'll
get on, pokingly slowly, with improving our capabilities in the WNT/Unix
www/ftp/gopher realm, and stop waiting for an integrated solution
from LISTSERV/L-Soft.
Peter