Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jul 1993 08:38:03 CDT
On Mon, 12 Jul 1993 16:44:49 -0400 F. Scott Ophof said:
>Does anyone have any info on RFCs which have proposed a header for
>what I'm asking?
>
>If there ain't none, then I'd like to propose that:
>   Listname:  Name of List <listaddr@...>
>be used for this purpose, and for no other purpose.  And that this
>header and its purpose be registered, etc.

I totally agree with the intent, but not the implementation.  *I*
think merely refining what the Sender: and From: tags indicate would
do it.  IMHO, the Sender: tag should have the list address (if present);
the From: tag should ALWAYS point to the real person that initiated the
mail message.

BTW:  does anyone know of an ftp site for rfc822?  I think it's high time
I actually sat down and read the thing.....

Chris Barnes            |   President - Bryan/College Station
[log in to unmask] |         Retriever Club
(409) 846-3273 (home)   |   "Dedicated to the betterment of
(409) 845-8300 (work)   |               the retrieving breeds"