"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:56:56 -0400
I'm not actually using it yet (ever?) but I got it to work using Cygwin on Windows.  The instructions I used are at http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=19726&group_id=91728.  I had issues with getting all the packages installed for Cygwin, but I kept trying different mirrors and I eventually got them all.  A few of the needed packages aren't in the definition.

I got as far as getting spamd to run, and was able to use the Listserv-supplied (ftp.lsoft.com, somewhere) to send over one of the test files and get a score returned.  I have yet to evaluate how effective this would be, given it would be running in Cygwin.  I've debated whether to set it up or not, because I'm not sure how much effort needs to go into maintaining a spamassassin site.

If you run into problems, I can probably dredge my memory as it wasn't very long ago that I set it up.

Melissa Kenny

IIS Administrator
Harvard Medical School IT
107 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Center for Educational Technology
Boston, MA 02115
(617) 432-4296

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brian Stoughton
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 3:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] spamassassin, SPAMD, and windows server

Hi all.

I'm running Listserv and LSMTP on windows 2003 server, and am trying to
configure spamassassin on the server.  I can't figure out how to get the
spamd listener to run (without going through the 'not for production purposes'
workaround on the apache site).

Anyone out there got a working version of spamassassin on windows with
listserv?

Thanks...

Brian Stoughton
Massachusetts Medical Society