Noel Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:36:42 EDT
This would be for Institute (internal) use only.
(Sort of creating one set of mailing labels for a department
 wanting to send something to a selected group - one shot mass mailing)

I would like to write a user interface to do the following:
1. Create a file to be sent to LISTSERV.
   The file would contain...
 * a PUT command
 * the list header (with only one user being allowed to send to the list)
 * and list members
2. Send the file to LISTSERV.

Now, what I want LISTSERV to do is....
 * Somehow recognize that this file came from a special user
   authorized to create a one shot list.
 * CREATE the list
 * After the only allowed user sends the first and only posting
   to the list and after the mailing has been distributed,
   DELETE the list automatically.

Does anyone know how I might be able to get LISTSERV to do this ?

Thanks  /Noel Hart