Darren Evans-Young <DARREN@UA1VM>
Thu, 25 May 89 10:44:31 CDT

I don't know if this is a problem with MAIL or LISTSERV.  Occasionally,
while reading mail, I come across a file that seems to be duplicated
about 6 or 7 times.  The beginning of the file has a valid looking
mailing, but immediately after the persons signature are "Received:"
headers and then the file begins over again.  This sequence is repeated
several (6) times.  The most recent one I encountered was a posting
on May 24, 1989 on IBM-MAIN by David A. McLaughlin <USERHDHF@UMICHUB>,
subject line: "ADF V2R2 Batch Performance Q; Welcome"
The original mailing appears to be about 50 lines, however, I received
a 239 line file.

Is this happening to anyone else?  Is it MAIL that's broke? LISTSERV?

Darren

P.S. - MAIL 89.01.0A , VM/SP HPO 5.0 , RSCS V2R2 , LISTSERV 1.5o

P.S.S - Just checked IBM-MAIN's LOG8905 notebook before I sent this.
        The file is in this corrupted format in the LOGxxxx notebook.
        So that rules out a problem with reading mail.