Kent Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Feb 1991 10:37:50 EST
Please excuse me if this question has come up before, but I have been
away from the list for a while and my boss needs an answer....!

LISTSERV is smart enough to look at the internet tag in BITEARN NODES to
recognize the eqivalence of  UOGUELPH and vm.uoguelph.ca.  However it
still sends mail for people originally registered as x@UOGUELPH to that
address.

As part of our migration from NJE (the old NetNorth) to the Canadian
part of the internet (national net is CA*net),  I am pusinhing users
to stop using the NJE node name and use only the Domain style address
for mail.

I would like to see LISTSERV choose the domain style address in preference
to the NJE name when sending mail.  It would even be nice to do a mass
change of everyone  x@UOGUELPH to [log in to unmask]  Are these things
possible?  is it reasonable, or have I missed something?

....Kent

Kent Percival                |
Asst. Director, Development  |
Communications Services      |