"Herbert A. Huston" <XRHAH@SCFVM>
Thu, 27 Apr 89 12:40:42 EDT
To put this in set theory terms, my apologies for annoying the intersection
trying to reach the union by this cross posting.  If you're reading this
for the second or third time, please press your DISCARD key now.

Yesterday I attended the spring meeting of the Washington, DC, VM Users'
Group where Tom Klensk of IBM spoke on, among other features, the list
processor line driver (LISTPROC) for Version 2 of RSCS.  He admitted that
at present there were no IBM applications for VM that make use of this
feature.  (I refrained from asking the obvious question because of the
standard answer; for readers on non-IBM systems, the standard answer is
"I cannot comment on unannounced products.")  However, LISTPROC would seem
to be a natural for LISTSERV, RiceMAIL, and MAILER to make use of, and I
was wondering if there are any plans to do so.  Just as a footnote, Version 1
of RSCS was withdrawn from marketing on Monday and is to be withdrawn from
programming support on February 28, 1990; it would seem reasonable to expect
a higher growth both in absolute number and percentage of VM sites running
Version 2 over the next several months (we're in the process of mi-
grating right now).

-- Herb Huston, Postmaster and Systems Programmer
-- NASA Space and Earth Sciences Computing Center
-- Goddard Space Flight Center
-- BITNET:   XRHAH@SCFVM
-- Internet: [log in to unmask]
-- SPAN:     DFTNIC::HUSTON
-- TELEMAIL: [HHUSTON/GSFC] GSFCMAIL/USA
-- Ameche:   (301) 286-7803
-- Snail:    Code 631, NASA/GSFC, Greenbelt, MD  20771, USA