Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Nov 1992 07:05:21 EST
I have made a rather large error in judgement.

I have setup a list called NAVIGATE which now has 10,467 subscribers and
my machine can't handle that.

I asked LISTSERV to EDPLODE NAVIGATE (BEST 10 and it found only 960
subscribers it would suggest be moved:

//* Peer      Subscribers
//* ----      -----------
//* UNAMVM1       22
//* CMUVM         15
//* INDYCMS      149
//* MCGILL1      132
//* YORKVM1       41
//* PSUVM        313
//* UAFSYSB      157
//* QUCDN         30
//* UALTAVM       41
//* ARIZVM1       60

Does anyone know a way to ask LISTSERV to recognize where the best
sites are for moving the Internet subscribers that aren't in BITEARN
NODES?  I'm sure that most of the 10,000 subscribers don't really
belong on my machine, since LISTSERV thinks I only have 810  local
subscribers.

Here's the count by country:

*  Country        Subscribers
*  -------        -----------
*  Argentina          7
*  Australia        234
*  Austria            7
*  Belgium            9
*  Brazil           119
*  Canada           697
*  Chile             14
*  Columbia           1
*  ??? (CU)           1
*  Denmark            6
*  Ecuador            1
*  ??? (EE)          21
*  Finland           11
*  France            27
*  Germany           36
*  Great Britain    171
*  Hongkong          32
*  Hungary            1
*  Iceland            1
*  India              3
*  Ireland            5
*  Israel            33
*  Italy             12
*  Japan             20
*  Korea              5
*  Malaysia           2
*  Mexico            19
*  Netherlands       41
*  New Zealand       10
*  Norway            11
*  Peru               1
*  Poland             1
*  Portugal           1
*  Saudi-Arabia       3
*  Singapore          8
*  Spain             18
*  Sweden            19
*  Switzerland       22
*  ??? (SI)           1
*  Taiwan             7
*  ??? (TH)           1
*  USA             8596
*  USSR               4
*  ??? (VE)          20
*  Yugoslavia         3
*  ??? (ZA)           1
*
* Total number of "concealed" subscribers:       135
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:10332  (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of countries represented:          47  (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of local node users on the list:  810  (non-"concealed" only)

Jim Gerland  - Consultant, Network User Support           University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology     Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                         716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]                              [log in to unmask]