Karkinnen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:15:37 -0500
To all listmasters:

My name is Donna, and I'm the creator/administrator of a manually-run
mailing list.  I'm looking a place that will sponsor the list in an
effort to get the mail to list members in a more timely and efficient
manner.  Here is some info about the list:

The name of the list is the Sparta P.D. Mailing List (would probably be
sparta-l or spartapd-l if moved to a listserver), and it's run by me,
Donna...a.k.a. Karkinnen.  Sparta P.D. is a place where fans of the TV
police drama, "In the Heat of the Night" can meet to discuss such things
as cast, episodes, characters, music from the show, plotlines, other
projects of the show's stars, etc.  The official start of the list was
on January 1, 1997, and it currently has 25 subscribing members, myself
included. At the moment, this is a low-traffic list, but it's been
picking up in the last week or so, now that everyone's getting "settled
in."  In addition to the regular discussions, I also post updates to my
"In the Heat of the Night" Home Page to the list, as well as weekly
episode listings for TNT, WGN, etc.  The list has a separate page that
is linked to the main HOTN page...this list page is registered with the
major search engines, including Yahoo (where it's listed under both the
Mailing List category and the appropriate TV show category).  As the
show still airs twice a day on TNT, and is in syndication on various
other channels across the country, it still maintains a large and loyal
fan following.

Even if this list becomes automated, I'll still assume the duties of
list administrator and will handle any conflicts/problems which arise.
I'm expecting the number of list members and messages to climb, which is
part of the reason I'm looking for a listserver to host us.  If anyone
out there is interested in hosting our mailing list, please email me
directly, as I usually don't follow this group.  Thanks!!

Donna Brown
Sparta P.D. Listadmin
----
"In the Heat of the Night" Home Page: