Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:12:14 -0400
Hello fellow Listserv managers:

We recently moved our Unix Listserv 1.8d from a Digital Unix box that was
running only Listserv. That machine was called listserv.temple.edu, but
that machine was old and not Y2K compliant so we decommissioned it and
moved our Listserv operations to another machine called
"cronkite.temple.edu" and gave it an alias of "listserv.temple.edu".
Both the old and the new systems run qmail 1.03 as a MTA, not sendmal.

The move of Listserv went fairly smoothly, but there's one annoying thing
that we can't seem to correct. All outoing postings and messages from
Listserv are identified as coming from "cronkite.temple.edu" rather than
"listserv.temple.edu". We have tried a number of different things to
correct this, but none seems to work properly. If you have any ideas on
how we might go about fixing this, please let me know.