Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:43:32 -0700
At 04:07 PM 1/23/97 CET, you wrote:
>I have some lists which have a List-Id with a dot (e.g. A.List). LISTSERV
>sets the to-field to
>     Multiple recipients of A.LIST <A.LIST@...>
>Now this is not correct, methinks;  MailBook complains about a spurious "."

If LISTSERV (R) won't handle it I'll be very surprised.  I have users on a
number of lists with email addresses of the [log in to unmask] style
and have had no particular problem.  I've not used MailBook much in the
last year or so, but in a number of years of using it I never had problems
with that type of address.  I also know that GroupWise and Eudora (freeware
thru Pro3.x) have no problem with those addresses either.

Good luck

dan