Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <ZCCBJBC@EB0UB011>
Fri, 29 May 1987 20:20:43 HOE
I'm sad to have to announce that, but:

Due  to an  unnaceptable  intrusion  in private  work  and abberant  technical
impositions from the EB0UB011  staff, I am forced to leave my  job and so also
the net. The  EB0UB011 server machines LISTSERV, RELAY and  MAILER will now be
operated  by Miguel  Angel  Campos <EARNMAIN@EB0UB011>.  You  may expect  some
difficulties  or complete  removal of  some or  all of  these servers  since I
cannot predict what's the EB0UB011 management intention about them -- assuming
they'll  take care  of them  in any  way;  I doubt  they'll be  able to.  Code
distributions and list subscriptions should  go to EARNMAIN instead of ZCCBJBC
from now.

To  be realistic  you  can  expect some  mail  from  the EB0UB011  politicians
(composed  with  great  effort  btw.   since  they're  not  comfortable  under
MAIL/MAILBOOK) accusing me of all kind of  nasty things that are really due to
the high  incompetence and incredible  irresponsibility of their staff.  As an
example, I'm  declared in BITEARN NODES  as the postmaster for  MAILER (userid
MAILMAIN) but I'm not allowed to install new tables, versions, etc; of course,
when there is a problem then it is MY fault, etc.

PLEASE don't  send any  private mail  to ZCCBJBC. I  don't know  what EB0UB011
plans to  do with  this userid.  In any  case I'll  not be  here any  more. If
someone wants to contact  me they'll have to ressort to  snailmail to reach me
at my *private* postal address:

   Jose Maria Blasco Comellas
   Ronda General Mitre, 215, Atico 1a.
   08023 Barcelona
   Spain
   (+34) (3) 211 77 57

I'm sorry to  have to say that  without a little more of  coordination, but my
deadline  if  today  9pm. I  must  ask  if  someone  could take  the  work  of
coordinating  VMKIDS-L.  I'm  the  official  coordinator  for  that  list  but
obviously I won't be able to do this work any more. All EB0UB011 lists have at
least one non-local owner; feel free to  do with those lists what you'd better
like.  Eric has  all the  required  info to  change  any list  you may  own/be
interested in.

You'll have to  find also a new Listserv Coordinator  for Southern Europe (and
update the  docs and  the corresponding  FACs :-)). I  really enjoyed  all the
Listserv part of the work... *sigh*...

I'd like to make  all the programs I may have sent  to different people public
domain.  You can  enhance,  use, or  drop them,  whatever  you prefer.  Please
respect my name  if you do a mod  tho :-) Eric has almost all  the utilities I
wrote I think.

I would like to say  a big thanks to all of you. I  remember when I started on
the net one year and a half ago and I wonder how much nice people I have known
since then and how much good work is  done on the net with the only purpose of
offering mutual help. Thanks to all.

I hope to  be back on the net  (at another node) a.s.a.p. For now  I'll take a
month of vacations tho.

With warm regards,

Jose Maria