Frank Bures <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:50:50 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Frank Bures wrote on 04/02/2009 09:31:49 AM:
>
>> Lately I have been banging my head against the following problem.  I
> would
>> very much appreciate any ideas, no matter how wild they might seem.
>>
>> What happens:  I have mostly local subscribers, but some are from
> outside
>> domains like gmail, hotmail and yahoo.  One of the outside domains is
> our
>> university central mail system (our department is running its own mail
>> system).  Subscribers, whose addresses are in the university central
> mail
>> system intermittently receive list posts duplicated.  I traced the
> problem
>> in the logs and here is an example of what happens:
>
> It would help if the user would send you the full headers to both messages
> that were duplicates.  Look at where they are the same, and where the
> difference occurs, mostly in the Received headers.

I already know where they differ.  LISTSERV simply intermittently decides
to resend one whole block of addressees some 10 minutes later.  The
re-sending always occurs after approx. the same time interval.  Yet, there
is no mention of that in listserv log.

Anyone has seen that?

Cheers
Frank

--

Frank Bures, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Toronto, M5S 3H6
http://www.chem.utoronto.ca

Please, reply to the above address only.  <lisfrank> does not accept replies.