Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:48:45 -0700
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:51:03 -0600, Donald Good <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But you might consider sending GET listname to the
>command address thru email to get the list header and subscribers.  Then you
>can use a PLAIN TEXT editor to search and replace

Just to be perfectly clear, L-Soft's position is we do not support or recommend
ANY direct editing either the *.list file or even the editing of this suggested
method on the file you GET/PUT.  It is extremely easy to corrupt and destroy
your list(s).

The supported command  CHANGE * old_address new_address  has the side benefit of
making the change for all lists that address is subscribed to, which could save
you considerable work.