"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Sat, 20 Aug 88 17:20:58 GMT
I can now offer the following new features/changes for beta-testing:

1. New LSVXMAIL,  as described some weeks  ago + some changes to  let the loop
   rejection code work  when the list address is converted  from, eg X@NDSUVM1
   to [log in to unmask]

2. New LSVDIST2  and LSVBITFD: improved selection of  equidistant servers, see
   LSTSRV-M description.

3. New automatic online/offline spool threshold, see description on LSTSRV-M.

4. New LSVIUCV with modified event priority.

5. The improved LSVDEL I had described some weeks ago.

6. Modifications to the LMON package  to improve checkpoint and startup speed.
   Believe it or not, it is about 20 times faster to do a loop of GLOBALV SET
   + a write operation to LASTING GLOBALV (I use LSVFWR1 which is a bit faster
   than EXECIO, but  the results would still stand with  good'ole dumb EXECIO)
   than a loop of GLOBALV SETP, with  the same result of course. The reason is
   that  GLOBALV kindly  closes the  file after  each operation,  and will  of
   course not let you tell it that you  plan to do another SETP right away and
   it can leave the  file opened. And, of course, there is  no way to retrieve
   or change a whole stem in a single call - this would unwisely save CPU time
   that could be usefully burned and might justify an upgrade to a bigger CPU,
   and possibly also the installation of SNA :-)

If you would like to test any of these,  please drop me a note and tell me the
NUMBERS (1 to  6) of the packages  you would like to  receive. Please indicate
whether you would also like to receive the corresponding source files or not.

Thanks, Eric