Brian Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:03:25 -0500
We are having a problem upgrading to 1.8e under AIX 3.4. I
have tried upgrading twice with the same results. I see the
following on the console after upgrading and the outgoing
mail backs up.

   Receive error: Resource temporarily unavailable
   Receive error: Resource temporarily unavailable

Our system manager has looked at the system settings and ulimits
and does not think this has anything to do with the problem. He
also can't see how to determine the cause of this error message
as no errors are generated in the system error log. Mind you,
1.8d runs fine and does not generate this error, only after
upgrading to 1.8e do we see this error. He thinks this error
message is being generated by the listserv program, but we don't
know how to prove this. Looking at the source code of sendmail,
we do not see this message, so we assume it is coming from the
listserv server. He doesn't believe it has anything to do with
sendmail's configuration, such as setting "nocanonify" as we
didn't have this problem before the upgrade and he doesn't think
sendmail is the cause of this problem.

So, my question is, has anyone upgraded to 1.8e running on AIX?
And if so, did you need to make any special system or listserv
configuration changes?