Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:59:23 -0400
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Suppona, Roger wrote:

> We weren't editing the Notebook line, just the Editors line and still got
> the message.  That's when we tried removing the Notebook line--which didn't
> help.

   You have to understand "why" the error is happening.  When you replace
a list header, it is the *entire* header that is replaced.  So, the fact
that you deleted it from what the onwer was *sending* is *still*
interpreted by Listserv as an attempt to edit the Notebook= line.

   I understand that you do not want to edit the Notebook= line, but by
deleting it, when it *still* exists in the stored file, is, to my
understanding, what is giving you the error.

   Have the onwer do a new get of the list headers, forward back the
entire headers, and just insert the editor lines.  Leave the Notebook=
line as it is.  If this doesn't work and you get the same error, it would
be helpful to see the stored headers and compare them to what you are
trying to replace them with.

--trish